Characterization of the failure
- Mechanical, metallurgical and geometric analysis
- Tightening method analysis and verification of tightening procedure respect
- Simulation to reproduce the failure
75% of the bolted joint failures are caused by an inconsistent tightening
Redesign the bolted joint or the tightening method
Depending on the origin of the failure, the election of:
- the best cost effective raw-material, the design and the process to avoid the failure.
- a special design for strength-corrosion.
- a specific design for high or very low temperature.
- a special design for fatigue.
- a specific tightening strategy.
- the tightening control to avoid the non respect of tightening procedures.